Thursday, July 12, 2007

Welcome back, Spaceship Earth

I still remember the first time I heard about a faraway place called "Epcot Center": I was a 9-year-old kid and was so impressed by that stunning geodesic -loved that word!- sphere, I committed myself I would have visited that wonderful place one day. I was lucky enough to make that dream a reality in 1997, when I even happened to work there as cast member at the Italy Pavilion: each night, just before going backstage, I turned my back just to catch one last fantastic view of that wonderful sphere.
Then, in 2000, the wand...

Finally, a few days ago, Disney took the step thousands of fans were waiting for and removed the wand, thus returning one of the most iconic building ever designed by Imagineering to its full glory.

I took this pictures during one of my days off back then when I worked there as cast member. I still think it's one of the best pictures I ever made.

Welcome back Spaceship Earth.

No comments: