Saturday, May 19, 2007

It's a Small World, again and again and again!

As you probably already know, I am a huge fan of It's a Small World and Mary Blair's outstanding art. I posted a few days ago some pictures of the Tokyo Disneyland version and said that in my opinion its color scheme is the most faithful to Mary Blair's original drawings, featuring for instance her incredible brigh colors on dark backgrounds. Though I said it happened to be my least favorite version of this beloved attraction. Jump cut to Paris, judge by yourself and leave a comment.

This pictures were taken by Sparkyfra (thanks again) during one his many trip to Disneyland Paris. It was October and the light had a wonderful orange hue wich really added to the beauty of the facade of It's a Small World.




Looking at these pictures I realized imagineers definitely took inspiration from Mary Blair's artwork yet at the same time used a much more consistent palette of brown pinks, reds and yellows, with some bright accents of gold and light blue. The final result is not faithful maybe to the original, but I think it's more balanced and tuned to the place and the peculiar light of it.

No comments: